is an add-on which help us auto translate language
with one click. The add-on uses Google Translation
service for translation
. It is being used by several thousands of Mozilla users.
Pau Tomàs, Pierre Bertet, Éric Lemoine
Home page: Github/gTranslate
License: Custom License
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing gTranslate on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Go to gTranslate
Mozilla add-on page, or simply click on the above download
link and click on "Add to Firefox
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click "Allow
" to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. gTranslate installation box pops-up. Click "Install
" to continue installing add-on, "Cancel
" to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, gTranslate asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using gTranslate on Mozilla Firefox:
1. So when ever you see any other language, select the words with left mouse button (LMB)
and right click (RMB)
, now select the gTranslate option. The selected text will be auto-translated to English language by default.
2. You can change the auto default language from English to your native language by two methods.
- While using gTranslate option you can see "Change Languages (auto > en)", hover over that and go to "Detect Language" and change to desired language which need be by default. Here I selected Hindi and my default language.
- Other method is to go-to "Add-on Manager" and find gTranslate add-on. Click on the Options to change preference.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove gTranslate from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to "Add-ons".
or press "Alt
", Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons
, or you can simply use shortcut key "Ctrl+Shift+A
" to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on "Disable
" to disable the add-on temporarily or click "Remove
" to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.
Labels: gTranslate, Language, Mozilla Firefox, Productivity, Translation