Video DownloadHelper (VDH)
is a simple add-on develop for Mozilla Firefox which help to download and convert videos from popular sites like YouTube, DailyMotion, Metacafe and other tons of video sharing site
. It has built-in SAFE MODE which prevents listing the adult sites in the supported sites window and prevents from downloading, but it has limitation.
Home page: Download Helper
License: Custom License
Donate: Click Here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Video Download Helper on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Go to Video Download Helper
Mozilla add-on page, or simply click on the above download
link and click on "Add to Firefox
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click "Allow
" to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Video Download Helper installation box pops-up. Click "Install
" to continue installing add-on, "Cancel
" to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Video Download Helper asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on and you will be directed to welcome page
HOW TO: Using Video Download Helper on Mozilla Firefox:
1. After installation, you will notice Video Download Helper logo to right side of URL (address) bar. On detecting any video on webpage, the VDH logo animates Quick Download
" to start downloading the current video immediately, where as choosing "Download
" lets you choose the file path where the video needs to be download. The keyboard shortcuts for Quick Download
and to open the folder where the video are downloaded, press "Ctrl"+"Shift"+"O"
, beside the logo you will notice downward facing arrow, click and choose the desired option.
2. If you want to blacklist the current domain, click on "Add to black list
3. To go to advance settings of Video Download Helper and change preference, go to Firefox Add-on (extension) Manger
and find Video Download Helper. Click on the "Options
To change the default directory, go to "Services
" > "Download
" tab. Here you can change the default download directory path.
4. To automatically convert videos after they download, to activate this feature you need to buy software from the downloadhelper site.
5. To activate SAFE MODE, click here
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Video Download Helper from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to "Add-ons".
or press "Alt
", Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons
, or you can simply use shortcut key "Ctrl+Shift+A
" to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on "Disable
" to disable the add-on temporarily or click "Remove
" to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.